Some things I loved about being home (not necessarily specific to Mexico/US, but my particular situation):
- Time spent with my family, boyfriend and friends
- Being able to drink the tap water
- Having a dryer -- everything comes out so soft and warm!
- Mom's cooking
- Unspoken social rules like stand on the right and walk on the left on elevators
- Holiday flavors at Starbucks
- Driving (though not in the chaos that is driving Mexico City)
- Having pets arounds
I won't, however, miss the freezing cold!