Saturday, December 10, 2011

Earthquake #2

Tonight I experienced my second earthquake. The first one I felt was back in May and, well, the second time around I'm still not a fan.

Reports are saying it was between 6.5 and 6.8 (depends on who's reporting), with the epicenter in the state of Guerrero. It was also felt in Oaxaca, Puebla, Colima, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Morelos and the State of México. So far reports are saying that in the DF there are 30 neighborhoods without power, but no reported injuries.

This one felt a lot stronger than last time and lasted a lot longer. Last time it stopped as soon as I figured out what it was. This time I realized the room was shaking, I moved from where I was, and still had time to watch the lamp and mini Christmas tree shaking with my roommate. From what I've seen online, it lasted about 42 seconds - but it felt longer.

Apparently earthquakes were reported in Indonesia and Japan within the same hour.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not looking forward to my first one... If they had them in Japan, I may be due for it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion -- learn before it happens (not after) about what to do =)

    Also - I'm not ignoring you're previously posted question, I just haven't had time to reflect and write about it yet!

    ReplyDelete