Thursday, August 16, 2012

Play ball!

The problem with going to a baseball game during the rainy season is that, well, there's a good chance it might rain. My first weekend back in the DF I went to a Diablos Rojos game at their home stadium, Foro Sol (which also serves as a concert venue). I arrived to a rain delay and found a seat shielded from the rain to wait it out. Unfortunately, the game was called off. At least I can say I've been to the stadium?


a rainy day at the Diablos Rojos' stadium, Foro Sol
It was interesting, however, to observe the food being sold. You could buy pizza, sandwiches, peanuts (covered in chile of course -- I couldn't tell from afar if they had non-chile options), donuts, Maruchan Instant Soup, tacos and esquites (corn with lime, chile, mayonaise and cheese), among other things.

selling donuts

Maruchan Instant Soup


Since the game was rained out, all ticket holders were invited back the next day for a double header. Unfortunately, I couldn't go. So... at least I can say I've been to the stadium? 

No comments:

Post a Comment