Sunday, September 30, 2012

English exam

Just in case anyone was worried about it, I passed my English exam with a 10 out of 10.

"What? English Exam?" That's right. My program has a 3-language requirement for graduation, including Spanish as 1 of the 3. I'd already taken and passed my Spanish and Portuguese exams when I found out that UNAM won't count English as my native language and I'd have to take an exam. Let me be clear that it's assumed that Mexican students and international students coming from Colombia, Chile, Argentina and other Spanish-speaking countries speak Spanish, requiring only 2 exams in other languages. So why would someone from the US speak English? Nope, doesn't make much sense to me either. To show me how flexible they are though, I had the option of taking French, Italian, etc as my 3rd language if I didn't feel like proving I spoke English.

1 comment:

  1. Well, that was very kind of them to offer alternatives.

    ReplyDelete