Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Update: the good, the bad and the ridiculous

Here's my quick update for you broken down, as the title indicates, into the good, the bad and the ridiculous.

The good: 
This weekend Edson and I went to Guanajuato for the Festival Internacional Cervantino, an International Arts Festival which is celebrating it's 40th year this year. I was in Guanajuato in September of 2010 as part of the México de Mil Colores trip I took for the bicentennial (you can read about it here). My visit this past weekend confirmed that I absolutely adore Guanajuato and it's still one of my favorite places in Mexico.

I'll write a more detailed update and share more photos soon, but I'll leave you with these photos for now.





The bad: 
I've been sick on and off since the end of August. After two antibiotics for a throat infection, minor stomach issues, and bronchitis I thought I was finally better. Last week I got a terrible cold, which over the weekend (in Guanajuato) turned into bronchitis (for the second time in less than a month). Today I had my second treatment with the nebulizer so hopefully I'll be good to go now.

The ridiculous: 
My landlady has decided to cancel my contract, aka kick me and my roommate out of the apartment. It's a long story, but the short version is that she's offended by our questions and comments (in my opinion all valid, fair, logical and able to be backed up by the contract or previous email correspondences) about her complying with the contract we've signed. Instead of attempting to reach an agreement, she's informed us she's kicking us out. Awesome.

I'm bummed, not just for the time this entails of finding where to live, packing my stuff, and moving (while I need to be writing my thesis!), but also because I've been in this apartment since August 2010, I like the apartment, I get along with my roommate and I love the location (a nice park right out front,  a convenience store on the corner in both directions, a Starbucks nearby if I have a craving and/or my Internet goes out, and just 2 blocks from the metro and 2 grocery stores). Moving everything I've accumulated in the last 2+ years is not going to be fun and I was hoping just to do it once when I make the move back to the US. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

1 comment: