Tuesday, April 23, 2013

(Another) visit to Maltrata

Edson and I made a quick trip to Maltrata March 23-24th to surprise Rosa María for her birthday. I have very few photos from the weekend, but here's what I've got:

I love the view of Maltrata from the highway.







To celebrate, family and friends joined us at the terreno (big yard, really) for the afternoon. We brought all the fixings for tacos and ate outdoors. We (ok, I didn't really participate since I didn't have a change of clothes) enjoyed the kiddie pool and water fights to cool down and a game of fútbol (soccer). 



Below is a resobada. Before cakes were common in Maltrata, this was the most common treat to celebrate birthdays. The large oval bread that serves as a base is more like a regular bread (with sprinkles on top) and sweet, flaky pastries are arranged on top (some of the triangle pastries are stuck into the base, holding up the circular pastries). 

resobada

 And finally, here's a view of the Pico de Orizaba on the drive back to the DF.

Pico de Orizaba 

No comments:

Post a Comment