Sunday, May 19, 2013

Choir announcement

I have an exciting announcement! One month from today I'll be leaving with the choir for a 5-week European adventure, representing the UNAM, Mexico City and Mexico!

The first part of the trip will be spent in Poland. We'll start with concerts in Szczecin, before heading to a festival in Miedzyzdroje. From there we'll go to Poznań to participate in the Universitas Cantat festival, where we'll join 12 other university choirs from Poland, Czech Republic, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Brazil, and Macedonia. Our last stop in Poland will be Bydgoszcz for Bydgoszcz Musical Impressions or International Meeting of Young Musicians.

A) Szczecin, B) Miedzyzdroje, C) Poznan, D) Bydgoszcz
maps.google.com

After that the plans are still a bit up in the air. Part of the choir (not including me) will participate in a competition in Wernigerode, Germany (I don't know much, but there's a castle!!). You (and I) will just have to see where else travels take me!

Have any of your been to Poland or Germany? Any advice (packing, what to see / eat / do, cultural norms, etc.) is greatly appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment