Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Axel's birthday

I went back to Maltrata for my little buddy Axel's 3rd birthday. This time I brought Rabea with me as well so she could meet my wonderful Maltrata family.

Friday afternoon we took a spin around town to show her the sights.

Alex "driving" 
"bravo!" 







Saturday we went into Orizaba. Rabea and I took Axel to see the animals by the river while Arturo picked up things for the birthday party.





When we got back it was time for the birthday party! Axel and Alex both love Toy Story right now. Axel dressed up as Woody and Alex wore his Buzz Lightyear Jacket.

I had brought a Buzz Lightyear piñata from the DF (there's a piñata store near my house with really well done piñatas). I knew that Woody was his favorite, but they only had large ones (like as tall as me!) and I thought that might be even more of a challenge transporting it to Maltrata. I chose the "small" Buzz and we covered it in a trashbag, with just his feet sticking out of the bottom, and hoped he'd make it in one piece. It kept reminding me of the scene from E.T. where he dresses up as a ghost. Fortunately he made it just fine, though Axel did ask me right away why I didn't bring him Woody - ha! They decided it was too cool to smash, so the boys have a new piñata buddy.


Axel gets shy in front of large groups, but eventually he warmed up to the crowd. There were two clowns and guest appearances by Sponge Bob and Winnie the Pooh.

the boys' expression crack me up in this one



They also smashed two (3?) piñatas (but not Buzz!).
piñata time!
 

Sunday we only had the morning to hang out with our little buddies before heading back to the DF.




I still can't get over how time flies! I met Axel when he was about 14 months old and have loved watching him grow up! Just for fun, below are photos from 2011, 2012 and now 2013.

August 3, 2011 (1 yr,  2 months old)
May 5, 2012 (2 years old) 
May 11, 2013 (3 years old) 

1 comment:

  1. Aw... he's so sweet. They grow up a lot faster than you expect them to, don't they?

    ReplyDelete