Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Plans change

I was reminded the other day that one of the only constants in Mexico is that plans change.

I had made plans to meet up with my friend Dan for breakfast while he was visiting the DF. Breakfast was the only time I'd be able to see him that day since I had a thesis meeting in the afternoon and choir rehearsal that evening that wouldn't be over until 8:30 or so.

I got up early to finish some last minute corrections I planned to turn in that afternoon. By the time I was heading out for breakfast, my thesis meeting had been postponed and my rehearsal moved up to early afternoon, finishing by 6:30, meaning I could have met up for lunch or that evening.

I'm getting much better at being flexible.

(Oh, and of course it was great to catch up with Dan and I had a fantastic breakfast.)

No comments:

Post a Comment