Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Why I blog...

When I started my blog in July of 2010, I wanted to keep family and friends up to date with my adventures in Mexico, but also share a perspective of Mexico that doesn't always make it to the US with the negative news. I was learning just how much Mexico has to offer and I wanted to share that with others. Blogging has also become a way for me to document my experiences for myself so that I'll be able to look back at them in the future. 

Recently I've received two comments, out of the blue, and I've been pleasantly surprised to discover that I have an audience (well, 2 people at least) I hadn't expected when I started my blog. 



The first comment was from a "a 17 year old kid from Mexico who has lived in the United States since [he/she] was 3." He/she said: 


"I'm a 17 year old kid from Mexico who has lived in the United states since I was 3. As I'm getting closer to graduating high school (I'll be a junior come September) i have actually been thinking about going back to Mexico to further my education In UNAM. I came across your blog not long ago by accident and I right away got hooked by it ( I have read all your posts about mexico within a week). what advice might you have about attending UNAM and living in a completely different country (I'm Mexican but have only been there twice after i left so Mexico for me in many ways is still new especially Mexico city). thank you"


Later I received a comment from someone originally from Maltrata, Veracruz (where I go for my thesis research and an awesome family has adopted me as one of their own). He/she commented on one of the posts about traditions in Maltrata:  

"very interesting I am from maltrata but I havent really lived there spent a lot time outside of Veracruz this is helping learn more things about my hometown"


To both of you, whoever you are, thank you for reading and for commenting. I always love hearing feedback, but I am especially glad that my blog has been of interest to you. I never imagined my posts would be able to help people from Mexico learn about their town or country.

And to all readers out there, thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. according to the page view counter an average of 87000 ppl read your blog

    ReplyDelete