Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A taste of Fall coming to the DF!

Remember my first year in Mexico when I posted about missing fall? I don't think I've posted about it since, but the same thing happens every year. I miss the leaves changing color, the crispness to the air, that boots and scarves come out (and not for the rain and are actually seasonally appropriate), and I crave apple cider, candy corn, and everything pumpkin -- especially Pumpkin Spice Lattes.

There are a ton of Starbucks in Mexico City, but the seasonal drinks here are different and they've never had the Pumpkin Spice Latte since "it wouldn't appeal" to people here.

This morning I got an awesome promotional email from Starbucks, which basically translates to "you've been asking for it and it's finally arrived.... try the new Pumpkin Latte!"

I'm so excited.


I shared on Facebook and saw that I'm not the only one, either. A fellow American in the DF quickly commented that she also misses Fall back home, was equally as excited, and decided she'd get a Pumpkin Spice Latte to drink while watching "Hocus Pocus." Hah! Sounds like Fall to me :)

Yes, I realize I just dedicated a post to a Starbucks drink. But really, not only is it delicious, but it "is" a little bit of Fall. I'm so excited.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Paola and I've been reading your blog for the past 4-5 hours..I was supposed to be working but this was waaaaaaaay better.
    How did I find it? , Well, I was looking for pictures of Teotihuacan and I found yours ( cuz I'm going to Mex City next week. I'm from Monterrey and I'm going to Festival Corona Capital) because I want to visit the Pyramids. I've been to Mexico City 3 times already and I've never been there...so, anyway, I really enjoyed reading about your experiences since the beginning and it makes me smile everytime you write something nice about my country. I don't know, it makes me proud.
    So, thank you for being so nice.

    I don't really know why I wrote in English...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Paola!
    I'm glad you've enjoyed reading it! I enjoy writing it :) And I always love to hear feedback!
    Have a great time visiting the DF and the pyramids!

    ReplyDelete