Monday, August 11, 2014

Sunday bike ride

After a lengthy hiatus, yesterday I went for a bike ride along Paseo de la Reforma. According to the Facebook page, I was one of 57,000 people that participated in the Paseo Dominical (Sunday Ride).

I did the normal stretch along Reforma, between the Diana Cazadora Fountain and Bellas Artes and back. In addition to the normal bikers, joggers, rollerbladers, and zumba-like classes along the side, I also saw a bike-riding group dressed in full cows costumes (or maybe Dalmatians - they went by quickly), a squad of police officers biking in formation, and a large group of Bike School students decked out in fluorescent vests.

my bike route (Google Maps) 


From there, I took a route that went through the Roma Norte and La Condesa neighborhoods, along tree-lined streets. I enjoyed that part of the route: there was more shade, less traffic lights, and some pretty houses and apartment buildings along Mazatlán Street.

Based on Google Maps, I think I biked around 14.5 km (~9 miles). I felt good yesterday, but I'm definitely feeling it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment